The most important thing about your studies - is studying! But it is also supposed to be fun. Apart from the acquisition of professional knowledge, you shall have the opportunity to do the following during your stay in Mainz.
- to get to know other areas in Germany
- to make contact with local families
- to explore the city of Mainz and it’s surroundings in detail to increase your knowledge and skill set beyond the range of your study subjects
This is why the International Office - often in cooperation with other departments- offers a program every semester which allows you to complement your studies and to make contacts outside of your subjects. At the beginning of the semester, there are mainly two introductionary events: the Orientation Days for foreign exchange students which want to obtain a degree and the Infodays for ERASMUS and foreign exchange students.Both events are meant to help foreign exchange students getting started with their studies in Mainz. These orientations offer the following (services).
- a tour of the Campus and orientation
- an introduction to the use of the university library and the Data Center as well as
- help in dealing with administrative bodies and university institutions
And there are more events at the Studierendenwerk!