A large number of university groups and organisations is active in the international area. These include:
AEGEE Association des Etats Généraux des Etudiants de l'Europe, Mainz / Wiesbaden
AIESEC International Association of Students in Economic and Commercial Science
ASUCA Student initiative for the exchange between Germany and Columbia - previously LOS ROLOS
EATA European Association of Turkish Academics – Avrupa Türk Akademisyenler Birligi, Mainz / Wiesbaden
Experiment e.V. is an organisation, which promotes the exchange between people of all cultures, religions and age groups and which especially supports the stay in families. Many students make use of their homestay as a means to meet new people.
- to introduce and present their own home country to their host family
- to explore a different region other than Mainz and Rheinhessen
- and to incidentally improve their German language skills
The dates for homestays are usually around Christmas, in the spring/ around Easter and in the summer. Please, contact the Welcome Center if interested.
Making friends? Meeting new friends? Not that easy in everyday life. That's why the Studierendenwerk Mainz has created two contact programs.
- The Buddy-program connects international students with german students to encourage international exchange.
- Foreigners becomes friends program helps to make friends between citizens of Mainz and international students to discover the German lifestyle outside of the campus.
Masifunde Bildungsförderung e.V. supports children and adolescents in South Africa via integral educational and extracurricular educational programs.
Stube Rheinland-Pfalz / Saarland
is a program of the protestant and catholic churches in cooperation with the universities of both federal states. Stube is directed at students from developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Stube offers:
- orientation seminars for freshmen in Germany, assistance in vocational internships and
- study stays in the home Country as well as
- reintegration measures.
The variety of seminars aims to solve and discuss student’s overall problems beyond their study subjects
Stube depends on the assistance of dedicated students, which either work together in local committees at the university locations or directly participate in Stube Rheinland-Pfalz / Saarland events
The Textcafé is a project of pedagogy students of the University of Mainz which offers a platform to international students of exchange and support for presentations, term papers, literature (re)search and applications.