In order to make the initial steps of life in Germany easier for exchange students, the International Office offers the Infodays at the beginning of each term, in early October and early April. During the InfoDays, the Office of International Relations will help exchange students to take the first hurdles of their stay:
- registration with the Foreigners' Registration Office
- formalizing a rental contract with Studentenwerk Mainz
- registration with a German health insurance company
- the placement test for the language course for exchange students
- an introduction to the Centre for Data Processing (Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung), including registration for an e-mail account.
You will also be acquainted with the most important facilities of the university, such as the dining halls and library, during a campus tour. Furthermore you will receive information about certain formalities like the "Rückmeldung" (extension of enrolment).
Click here for a short experience report about the InfoDays (German version only).
Your admissions' information will also contain information on the dates of the InfoDays. Most organisational matters will be explained during the InfoDays. Thus, you should really try to take part.